Make Your Skin Look New Again with Microdermabrasion
If you are looking for a non-invasive quick and safe method to treat your skin, you may be interested in microdermabrasion. This simple procedure is steadily gaining in popularity. Microdermabrasion can give very natural-looking results in no time.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Similar to using a face scrub, this method uses micro-crystals that abrade the outer layer of your skin. In this process, the dry and dead skin cells clogging the pores and making your skin look dull and aged are expertly removed. This deep exfoliation of the skin polishes it and gives it a rejuvenated new look.
Skin Issues Addressed by Microdermabrasion
As long as you do not have any skin infection that might need a targeted treatment, here are some of the skin problems that can be cured by microdermabrasion:
• Minor sun damage in the form of spots and pigmentation
• Mild wrinkles and premature aging signs
• A light scar that hasn’t vanished even after you have tried scar-treatment gels and ointments
• Clogging of the pores
Skin conditions like rosacea and acne can all be treated by using this mild and gentle cosmetic procedure.
Advantages Offered by the Treatment
• The procedure is very safe, quick, and convenient.
• There are no harmful chemicals used in the procedure.
• Like normal facial exfoliation, this method offers visibly glowing skin instantaneously.
• No matter what your skin type is, to address any mild skin problem, you can come in for microdermabrasion.
Once you have gotten microdermabrasion, with your pores cleaned and unclogged, any other skin treatment products used after the procedure can be better absorbed by the skin, leading to better results.
Preparing for the Procedure
During a microdermabrasion consultation with an experienced medical professional before the treatment, it’s vital that you ask any questions you may have so you can best understand it. Here are some preliminary instructions you might receive:
• You might have to stop using certain beauty and skin treatment products few days or hours before the treatment.
• Waxing and other hair-removal procedures are not advisable before the treatment.
• There should be a significant gap between getting other intensive skin treatments and your microdermabrasion treatment.
What Happens During the Actual Procedure?
The nearly painless procedure is done by application of microcrystals or aluminum oxide using a probe. The skin is evenly exfoliated with these crystals. The probe comes with a suction mechanism that collects all the dust and dead cells removed by the crystals.
This is a short 30-to-60-minute-long procedure and might be repeated five to twelve times depending on the skin type and the condition being treated. A gap of approximately two to three weeks will be needed between each session.
The results start showing soon after the first session, and after your sessions are complete, you can see a drastic change in your skin texture. Additionally, after the treatment, the skin’s natural production of elastin and collagen is enhanced, making the skin healthier and clearer for longer.
Is Microdermabrasion Right for You?
To find out if this popular skin treatment is right for you, pay a visit to board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Carl Lentz for a consultation. Contact us today to arrange your appointment.